Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Bat's Day

It was Bat's Day weekend this weekend. Bats Day is a day where all the goth kids crawl out of their coffins and invade the happiest place on earth, Disney Land. Storm clouds looming over Cinderella's Castle -- Neat! Seeing as how the last time I was at Disneyland I was six, this was a great opportunity to go. There must have been around 2000 of us in attendance, I don't know what the exact number was but we were almost number 1000 and I'm pretty sure there were about 1000 behind us.

My big moment at Disneyland was when I got to see ASIMO, Honda's bipedal robot, and one of the most sophisticated humanoid robots in the world. I tried getting a hold of the ASIMO team at Honda about a year to see if I could score an internship with their computer vision group. They didn't call me back. (A friend of mine, Ben, did score an internship with the ASIMO team this summer though.)

I'll be posting pictures of Bat's Day soon.


In other news: some how I managed to see Snakes on a Plane, this weekend. This film is a little bit like eating at McDonalds. You know it isn't going to be good, but it still leaves you pleasantly satisfied. Snakes is a solid B movie, and as long as you keep that in mind, I think you'll be very entertained. It's total throwback to campy survival films of the 70's and 80's. And you get to see Sam Jackson in another bad ass role. Can you get enough of this man spouting 12 letter expletives? I can't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home