Tuesday, July 04, 2006

King Edward the Plant

San Diego has no fans. Which would not be problem if San Diego had air conditioning units installed in their apartments. But for whatever reason they have failed to do so, so the heat chases me from my very own room every single afternoon. Fuck that. I went in search of a fan today. I already own a fan actually, but it's much too weak, so I went looking for something with a little more umph.

The fan isle at wal-mart looked like a tornado had blown through it. They were out of fans, dead fan parts were strewn across the shelves, I can only image the ravenous crowd that pillaged that isle early in the morning. The only lesson I could take from this was, "hit the store up earlier, " because all throughout town everywhere I went, Home Depot, Target, San Diego was out of fans. Somewhere in this town today some elderly person has perished because there were no fans in this city, I can feel it. So in stead of my fan what did I end up with at the end of the day? Groceries, and my first live plant, "King Edward the Plant," he's a Dracaena Compacta, a mighty little plant and if he's lucky, mightier than my general propensity to kill any living thing that happens to fall under my care. Good luck, King Edward the Plant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home