Monday, April 17, 2006

Fortune

Its been a mix of being busy and not being busy. Of filling my time with things to do, but not quite going forward in the ways I need. Im very close to finishing school now, but the problem is that the things i need to do to graduate, my thesis project, is so fuzzy right now. I have taken some time to incubate ideas, doing reading, researching, but I think I get to distracted when I do these things and I go off on tangents. Interesting tangents, though, for example I spent some time tonight learning about the Markov Chain Monte Carlo method of density estimation. Lord knows how I would apply it to my thesis topic, though.

I have an interview tomorrow with for a job when I graduate. Its with a company called Vision Robotics Corp., a small startup of nine employees who work on computer vision applications. They are based in San Diego, which is rad because I'd like to live here in SD for another year or two, and the work they are doing is just about a perfect match with what I want to do with my career. Academia has been great, but I need to get my hands dirty and start building things, implementing ideas. Besides, I'm going to continue stimulating the old noggin till the day I die.I don't need to be in a classroom to continue keeping up with research.


I wish I had a little more than work to talk about, but I don't. Thats better than having some personal problem to complain about. We should all consider ourselves fortunate who have nothing new to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home